Roads register and periodic road inspections, as elements of systemic road management
Workshop details and Sign Up form
Roads register and periodic road inspections, as elements of systemic road management - Find out more >>>
Roads register and periodic road inspections, as elements of systemic road management - Details
- Code: ACD_INFR_EX_BG_RM_01
- Code: ACD_INFR_EX_DT_EDiPOD_01
- Category: Engineering topics in road infrastructure management
- Format: Technical dialogue
- Duration: 4,5h
- Registration: on-line / e-mail / phone
- Location: INFRAMA Academy office / Client’s office / fixed location
- Workshop materials: yes
- Certification: participation in the workshop ends with a TÜV certificate
In day-to-day activities road infrastructure managers and entities acting on their behalf should strive to comprehensively meet the existing needs of the road network, while bearing in mind the need to maintain that network at the level expected by its users. Their action must be based on existing legislation and standards, regardless of the level of management.
- In reality, the ability to act effectively in areas such as road register or periodic road inspections, which are the basis and starting point for structured and systemic actions, can vary greatly. This happens due to the insufficient level of technical supplies, substantive preparation of employees or a limited and very diverse scale of financial capabilities and budgets, as well as the multiplicity and scale of other tasks imposed at the same time.
- In most cases, this mainly depends on the road category and the specificity of the organization. In practice, it is usually the case that the lower the category of roads, the greater the scale and level of differentiation of the problems that the road administration itself has to deal with.
- Decision-makers and managers are often left alone, without the possibility of help or advice when problems accumulate and need to be resolved quickly. Efficiency and optimized support of road managers is essential to improve the effectiveness of such tasks. There is little, if not no chance to implement a systemic approach to the road management process and modern management techniques, without having basic technical information about the road network and without well-structured essential data about the operating status of its elements.
- This is why, for each road manager, the activities at the elementary level of the appropriate acquisition, preparation and further use of the stock of road register data and periodic road inspection data are considered to be so important for these processes.
During the workshop, participants are acquainted with the techniques of conducting and documenting works related to the creation and usage of the road register resource based on presented legal basis and framework principles of this process. After, according to standards, they get acquainted with the implementation of periodic road inspections, which enable further use of obtained information, collected in accordance with properly developed and implemented reference systems, describing a specific road network.
- basic legal acts, interconnections, significant discrepancies, selected comments
- basic concepts and definitions
- principles for the development of reference systems and examples of application and implementation
- the required documentation of the roads register, the establishment methodology and examples of data collection rules
- IT support for the process of establishing and maintaining road records, examples of possibilities of practical use of this data
- systematics and scope of work related to roads inspections (current inspections, annual inspections, 5-year inspections)
- methodology of approaching the process of conducting and evaluating the results obtained during roads inspections
- the form and scope of documentation of the results of roads inspections
- examples of possibilities of analysis and use of the results of roads inspections
- representatives of road administrators, concessionaires, marshal offices, universities and construction companies
- employees at supervisory positions, as well as heads of departments and other specialists, because synergy of various levels of decision-making in an organization gives the desired and awaited effect.
Sign for this workshop. If you have any questions, feel free to contact with us!