Managing risk in infrastructure management – maintenance process
Workshop details and Sign Up form
Managing risk in infrastructure management – maintenance process - Details
- Code: ACD_INFR_EX_BG_RM_02
- Category: Managerial techniques in infrastructure management
- Format: 10% lecture, 90% workshop including a business simulation game
- Duration: 4,5h
- Registration: on-line/ e-mail/ phone
- Location: INFRAMA Academy office / Client’s office / fixed location
- Workshop materials: yes
- Certification: participation in the workshop ends with a TÜV Certificate
- A lot has been invested in the expansion and development of the road network in Poland in recent years. However, it should be remembered that road maintenance plays an equally important role as the construction itself. It is aimed at ensuring proper technical condition of the road, safety of users and their comfort. Unfortunately, the maintenance of infrastructure is often underestimated, however, negligence in this respect is severe for society and economy. Often the road is seen through the prism of the initial phase of its life cycle, the design and construction stages are optimized and the subsequent ones neglected. This has serious consequences for the deterioration of comfort and safety, and leads to increased costs for the road manager in the further years of road usage.
- The risks associated with maintaining the infrastructure are different from those associated with the investment process. In order for infrastructure managers to be able to meet the expectations of owners and society regarding the condition of the infrastructure, they must consciously manage the risks. This is because risk is an indispensable element of all activities aimed at achieving specific objectives, including maintenance objectives. Correct adaptation of risk management mechanisms allows organizations, small and large, owners, managers and operators of road infrastructure to make better use of their potential, make better decisions and thus increase the chances of achieving the goals.
During the workshop participants will learn how to manage risk in a maintenance of road infrastructure process in form of a business simulation game. They are going to be confronted with a whole range of risks, starting with strategic and operational, and ending with financial and technical. The participants will acquire methods of identification and analysis of risk, as well as knowledge of factors determining success in risk management and technics of influencing on risk. The workshop was designed based on solutions, presented in norm ISO 31000 – Risk management.
- What is risk
- Risk management process according to norm IS0 31000
- Identification of risk
- Context of organization
- Origins of risk in an investment process
- Role of information in risk’s identification
- Record of risks
- Analysis of risk
- Evaluation of probability
- Evaluation of effects
- Evaluation of risk
- Prioritization of risks
- Matrix of risk’s evaluation
- Critical resources
- Treatment of risk
- Planning an answer to risk
- Implementation of the answer to risk
- Monitoring and overview of risks, communication
- representatives of road administrators, concessionaires, marshal offices, universities and construction companies
- employees at supervisory positions, as well as heads of departments and other specialists, because synergy of various levels of decision-making in an organization gives the desired and awaited effect.
If you are wondering whether this workshop will work for you, feel free to contact us. We will try our best to answer all of your questions and hopefully find a workshop best suited to your needs.
Sign for this workshop. If you have any questions, feel free to contact with us!