Managing risk in infrastructure management – investment process
Workshop details and Sign Up form
Managing risk in infrastructure management – investment process - Details
- Code: ACD_INFR_EX_BG_RM_01
- Category: Managerial techniques in infrastructure management
- Format: 10% lecture, 90% workshop including a business simulation game
- Duration: 4,5h
- Registration: on-line/ e-mail/ phone
- Location: INFRAMA Academy office / Client’s office / fixed location
- Workshop materials: yes
- Certification: participation in the workshop ends with a TÜV certificate
- Road infrastructure managers often need to make decisions under pressure of time, not having enough information. These choices tend to have huge both financial, and economical impact (roads they construct are going to serve the society for many decades to come). These specific conditions can generate lots of stress, especially when we take to consideration fact, that road infrastructure managers are being constantly monitored and judged. Their decisions are permanently verified by various stakeholders, including media and public opinion, who have a significant advantage in terms of knowing whether a certain decision is right or wrong. They make their statements from a time perspective, being better informed than the managers were in the decision-making process. This situation concerns infrastructure managers at all levels, although the scale of problems or budgets varies, depending on type of roads they manage.
- In order to successfully achieve goals that are set for road managers, they have to knowingly manage risk. Risk is an indispensable element of any action, that ends with pursuing a certain goal. Skillful risk management enables all sorts of organizations, their owners, managers and infrastructure operators to make better decisions, which are going to facilitate achieving goals set for them.
During the workshop participants will learn how to manage risk in an investment process in form of a business simulation game. They are going to be confronted with a whole range of risks, starting with strategic and operational, and ending with financial and technical. The participants will acquire methods of identification and analysis of risk, as well as knowledge of factors determining success in risk management and technics of influencing on risk. The workshop was designed based on solutions, presented in norm ISO 31000 – Risk management.
- What is risk
- Risk management process according to norm IS0 31000
- Identification of risk
- Context of organization
- Origins of risk in an investment process
- Role of information in risk’s identification
- Record of risks
- Analysis of risk
- Evaluation of probability
- Evaluation of effects
- Evaluation of risk
- Prioritization of risks
- Matrix of risk’s evaluation
- Critical resources
- Treatment of risk
- Planning an answer to risk
- Implementation of the answer to risk
- Monitoring and overview of risks, communication
- representatives of road administrators, concessionaires, marshal offices, universities and construction companies
- employees at supervisory positions, as well as heads of departments and other specialists, because synergy of various levels of decision-making in an organization gives the desired and awaited effect.
If you are wondering whether this workshop will work for you, feel free to contact us. We will try our best to answer all of your questions and hopefully find a workshop best suited to your needs.
Sign for this workshop. If you have any questions, feel free to contact with us!