Never lose patience - it is the last key that opens doors - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Wojciech Pieńkowski was born in Warsaw and has always been bound with the Warsaw district of Żoliborz.
He graduated from the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology with a master’s degree in engineering. He completed post-graduate studies as part of the Civil Engineering Department.
He has extensive experience in solving parking and “traffic calming” problems in cities and in management and exploitation of the roads. He directly managed and supervised the final implementation of many projects. He is the organizer or co-organizer of a number of training courses on road management issues and supporting road administration in decision-making processes, both at national and local level.
Wojciech Pieńskowki supervised the work of various project teams for many years. He participates in the organization and conducts classes at technical universities, both in the field of modern road management systems and road maintenance, and supports these areas using information technology and the Internet. He holds, among others, the title of European Engineer, awarded by the European Federation of FEANI, and 1st degree of Professional Specialization in Transportation Engineering (specialization: urban traffic engineering) and building qualifications (since 1986).
In 1979-1994 he worked for the STOLICA Municipal Construction Design Office in Warsaw in the design of roads, streets and traffic systems, initially as an assistant and senior assistant, and later as a designer. He ended his activity in this company in 1994 as the manager of a multi-discipline road and bridge design studio. Since March 1994 he has been the President of the Management Board of TRANSCOMP Sp. z o.o.( Office for Research and Project Communication Construction) based in Warsaw, a company specializing in supporting road administration units of various levels in road network management and in optimizing the use of data resources held by these units.
Married happily for over 40 years, he has two wonderful daughters and four unique grandchildren.
Interests – good music, mountain tourism and contact with undisturbed nature.
- He is the author or co-author of over 30 specialist studies and publications : IBDiM Publishers and Magazines “Drogownictwo”, “Polskie Drogi”, “Autostrady”, “Drogi Gminne i Powiatowe” and “Transport Miejski”. He is a co-author of the book “Road records. Establishment and operation according to new regulations”. (Warsaw, 2000).
- He was a co-organizer and lecturer at many scientific and technical seminars, he periodically conducts teaching classes at extramural studies at technical universities (Warsaw University of Technology, University of Warmia and Mazury, Rzeszów University of Technology), related to road management issues.
- He conducted exercises in road and street design and traffic engineering at the Faculty of Civil Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology, he is a promoter of thesis related to road management. He conducts and co-organizes training courses for road administration employees at various levels.
- Reference systems in road management
- Road register
- Periodic road inspections as defined in the “Construction Law Act”
- “Traffic calming” as one of the forms of shaping urban communication systems in residential areas